Steel coils are the inner springs that provide the support of the mattress.
- Coils with lower gauge number = heavier, thicker, stiffer
- Heavier gauge= more support
- Interconnecting wires between coils, keep coils in alignment
- Low number of interconnecting wires = mattress sag.
- Coil count per mattress in normally 300-700 coils
- Firm mattress = higher coil count
- More coils = more support
- Low coil count = lumpy mattress (General)
The upholstery part ofthe mattress is the layer of material (Foam Fabric) between you and the coils.
- Upholstery gives mattress it basic comfort.
- Pillow top or Regular? Choose whatever feels the best to you. The support comes from the coils below the upholstery.
- Choosing pillow top will allow increased firmness and still have comfort.
- Rotate pillow top regularly to avoid canoe effect.
- Sturdy mattress edge is a must, make sure you have full support on mattress edges. You should not roll off because edge is weak.
- Examine the quality of stitching on the mattress top, look for consistent unbroken stitches.
Box springs are the foundation of the mattress.
- Always buy your BED as a set, mattress and box springs. This will increase the life of the mattress
- Box springs should be re-enforced with steel spans. This will add to the life ofthe mattress.
- The warranty is very important to understand and if possible get in written form.
- Most warranties are 10 years. Normally, warranties are prorated. If mattress fails in the 9th year, you should receive 10% refund toward a purchase of a new mattress.
- A good warranty is worth the extra cost.
- Purchase mattress from a trusted Jackson, MI store.
- It is very important to understand the return policy. Can you return the mattress in 30, 60, or 90 days from purchase if it does not fit your individual needs?
- Try to get return policy in written form.
- Will the store dispose of old mattress at no charge?
We hope this condensed version helps with your search for a quality mattress.
Discover the wonders of Chiropractic Care.
Discover the Jackson, Michigan "Husband & Wife Chiropractic Team"